21 December 2016 – Apply for common society Selection Committee
27 December 2016 – Apply for common society talking parts
17 January 2017 – Apply to go to the occasion as an eyewitness
In acknowledgment of the major interlinkages between the 2030 Agenda and Sustaining Peace, the President of the General Assembly will meet a High-level Dialog entitled “Building Sustainable Peace for All: Synergies between the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Sustaining Peace Agenda” on 24 January 2017 at UN Headquarters in New York, with the support of the President of the Security Council, the President of the Economic and Social Council, and the Chair of the Peacebuilding Commission.
The all-encompassing target of the occasion is to talk about the commonly strengthening linkages between Sustaining Peace and the 2030 Agenda, including at national level and courses in which to influence them ideally in an incorporated structure that can help Member States, United Nations bodies and substances, common society and different partners to facilitate and improve their endeavors in actualizing the SDGs and accomplishing supportable peace.
At the demand of the Office of the President of the General Assembly (OPGA), the UN Non-Governmental Liaison Service (UN-NGLS) is encouraging a procedure to distinguish two common society speakers, and other common society participants wishing to be considered as onlookers for this occasion.
There are 2 classifications for talking parts:
• Opening Session (to address the general topic of the occasion – see principle title above)
• Panel Discussion: Taking a far reaching way to deal with reasonable improvement and supporting peace
The occasion will likewise include the accompanying three workshops.
• Workshop 1: Empowering ladies, young ladies and youth for peace and feasible advancement
• Workshop 2: Managing normal assets for peace and maintainable improvement (redesigned 9 December)
• Workshop 3: Strengthening straightforward, comprehensive and responsible establishments for peace and maintainable improvement
Common society participants taking an interest as onlookers in the workshops will have a chance to talk if time grants.
Utilizing the form beneath, you may apply to talk at, or go to watch this occasion.
Travel financing will be accessible for the two chosen speakers.
Travel financing is not accessible for onlookers.
• be approved formally by their association or system to talk in the interest of the association or organization;
• have aptitude and be chipping away at the linkages amongst peace and security, and maintainable advancement;
• have shown capacity to connect with productively with an assortment of partners;
• be accessible to be in New York on 24 January 2017 and for travel if essential; and
• have a visa for go to New York, or have the capacity to acquire one inside 2 weeks (Please check with the US Embassy or Consulate in your nation. Chosen speakers will get a welcome letter to bolster a visa application, yet will be in charge of getting the visa and for any expenses connected with acquiring the visa.)
• for a talking part, be a convincing speaker.
Delegates not chosen for the talking parts who are endorsed to go to the meeting as eyewitnesses should secure their own financing for travel, convenience and subsistence, furthermore need to make their own visa courses of action, if material. Welcome letters won’t be given to those endorsed to go to the meeting as eyewitnesses. Just chosen speakers will get formal welcome letters. Chosen speakers should make their own visa courses of action, if necessary for go to the US.
UN-NGLS will encourage a common society Selection Committee for the assessment and short-posting of contenders for the talking parts, to be exhibited to OPGA for their thought. The Committee will guarantee territorial and sexual orientation adjust, and differing qualities of age and skill in the general arrangement of applicants. The President of the General Assembly will make the last choice of the speakers for this occasion.
You may apply for the common society Selection Committee by 21 December 2016 here:
All applications that will get to talk at the occasion, or will go as a spectator can be seen here: http://bit.ly/24Jan-UN-PGA-PeaceForAll-Apps-Received
Critical: Government bodies and intergovernmental associations kindly don’t utilize this enrollment forms. If it’s not too much trouble watch standard convention game plans through your official UN designation or association.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the General Assembly High-Level Dialog on SDG, Agenda 2030 and Sustainable Peace