A friend of mine traveled to Germany for a business seminar and what he beheld wasn’t anticipated – foreign language. According to him, he was taught German in his freshman year in college but his lack of interest made him not to pay attention to the lecturer. He had to hire an interpreter just to make little transactions. He was telling me this with regrets written all over him.
That urged me to write top 5 reasons why you should learn a foreign language and am sure this will be helpful.
- Career advantage – Foreign language being among your language colloquial is indisputably an advantage you have over monolinguals. Employees are always fascinated when a worker is versed in a foreign language and that shows an international height that could be attained by the company. With such an individual, the organization can grow to a global level.
- International travel – Travelling to another country as a bilingual individual will definitely make your travel more pleasant and fun. Language isn’t a barrier and you even have the opportunity to learn more about the language than you already know. This makes you feel part of the community thereby making you to adapt faster than you imagined.
Read also: 6 Advantages of Studying a Foreign Language
- Increase your brain power – Learning a foreign language altered a grey matter, an area of the brain that processes information. You know what an increase in brain power means? More ability to retain, process information faster and learn quickly. Mastering another strange language can do that and that’s enough reason.
- Speeds up your decision making process – Learning a foreign language helps you make decisions faster. According to research, making decision with a language that isn’t your native tongue have a way of making you stint to it. Who doesn’t want to make decisions faster and save time? This is what every business man or woman should crave for.
- Gain independence – Your self confidence and esteem tends to spurt out with a powerful glow. Not forgetting that it makes you stand out from the crowd thereby making you more unique and special. The value and worth that you feels becomes even consuming.
The joy that comes with learning a foreign language can’t be described in written, but there’s thousands of reasons why you should learn another language apart from your native tongue. Irrespective of your age, a new language can be learnt depending your mindset.