Margaret McNamara Education Grants (MMEG) was founded in 1981 originally called the Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund (MMMF), and rebranded in 2015 with the mission of improving the lives of underserved women and children at home and overseas. In 2016, MMEG initiated a partnership with Trinity Washington University in Washington DC to award grants for up to two women students studying at Trinity Washington university. Trinity Washington University is a Roman Catholic university located in Washington, D.C. across from The Catholic University of America and the Dominican House of Studies and under the trusteeship of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur. Although it has been a university since September 10, 2004, Trinity Washington University’s College of Arts & Sciences undergraduate program maintains its original status as a liberal arts women’s college.
The Margaret McNamara Educational Grants (MMEG) provides grants to women from developing countries to help further their education and strengthen their leadership skills to improve the lives of women and children in developing countries. About $15,000 Education grants are awarded to women from developing and middle-income countries who, upon obtainment of their degree, intend to return to or remain in their countries, or other developing countries, and work to improve the lives of women and/or children.
Offered Since: 2016
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be taken at (country): Washington DC, USA
Field of Study: All
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be at least 25 years old at time of application deadline (see specific regional program application below);
- Be a national of a country listed on the MMEG Country Eligibility List (listed below);
- Be enrolled at an accredited academic institution when submitting application; and plan to be enrolled for a full academic term after award of the grant by the Board;
- Not be related to a World Bank Group, International Monetary Fund or Inter-American Development Bank staff member or spouse;
Selection Criteria: In addition to the above criteria, an applicant must:
- already be enrolled as a full time student, and plan to continue studying full time in the following academic year;
- not be related to Trinity staff
Number of Awardees: 2
Value of Scholarship: The grant is awarded to last for the duration of study
How to Apply: Apply via Scholarship Webpage link below.
Remember to read the Application Checklist & FAQs before applying, and select “Trinity program” in the first question of the application. If the program name does not appear, the program may be closed to new applications.
Award Provider: The Margaret McNamara Educational Grants (MMEG), Trinity Washington University
Important Notes: Application opens from September 15 until January 15. Queries may be addressed to <email@example.com> during this period. Decisions will be announced by April.
Application Deadline: 15th January 2018