Switzerland has a high quality system of education that is relatively accessible to foreign students. Students are confident the opportunity to study in Switzerland will play an important role in their future careers. The University of Lausanne in Lausanne, Switzerland, was founded in 1537 as a school of theology, before being made a university in 1890. To facilitate access to Master’s degrees by students with qualifications from foreign universities, the University of Lausanne provides around ten Master’s grants which are awarded on a competitive basis.
The University of Lausanne (UNIL) Masters scholarships are scholarships for excellence awarded exclusively to students who have graduated from a foreign university and whose academic results are of a very high level. The amount of the grant is CHF 1,600.- per month from 15 September to 15 July, for a duration not exceeding the regulation minimum period of the programme (according to the programme, one-and-a-half years or two years subject to deduction for paid placements or exempt semesters, if any). Abandonment of the programme results in suspension of the grant.
Type: Masters Grants
- The candidate must be the holder of a degree from a foreign university.
- The qualification held by the candidate must be deemed equivalent to the UNIL Bachelor’s degree.
- Eligible Fields of Study: Candidates must choose a Master’s programme from among those offered by the UNIL, EXCEPT:
- Master from the School of Medicine
- Master of education
- Master of Law from the Universities of Zurich and Lausanne
- Master of criminal Law, magistracy specialism
- All MASs (PhD programmes)
For the Master of Law, only two specialisms,”international and comparative law” and “legal theory” are open to applications for Masters scholarships.
Selection Criteria: The grants are intended more particularly for students who distinguished themselves in their university studies and who have difficulty meeting their financial needs for the duration of the Master’s. It is however necessary that the candidates have sufficient financial means to live on themselves during the complementary studies that may be required prior to enroll on the Master’s degree.
Number of Awardees: around 10
Value of Scholarship: CHF 1,600.- per month from 15 September to 15 July.
Duration of Scholarship: one-and-a-half years or two years (subject to deduction for paid placements or exempt semesters, if any). Abandonment of the programme results in suspension of the grant.
How to Apply: Candidates must send their completed application (refer to the document, “list of documents to attach to your application”), unbound, by post only to the following address:
Université de Lausanne
Service des affaires sociales et de la mobilité étudiante (SASME)
CH – 1015 Lausanne
- The application form must be completed on a computer and duly signed by the candidate.
- The application for the Masters scholarship also serves as an application for admission to your chosen masters (and therefore an application to register at UNIL).
- You must not make an application for admission to the masters degree via the Admissions Department (SII).
- The SASME forwards shortlisted applications to the selection committee which will award grants to students meeting all criteria according to the available budget.
Award Provider: University of Lausanne, Switzerland
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Switzerland
Application Deadline: 1st November 2017.