The University of Toronto Faculty of Arts and Science(FAS) offers fellowships program to outstanding recent doctoral students from any university in any country. The Arts & Science Postdoctoral Fellowships are designed to provide outstanding recent doctoral students advanced training in their field of study. These fellowships are not discipline specific, but rather can be held in any department or research unit across the Faculty of Arts & Science at the University of Toronto.The University of Toronto (U of T, UToronto, or Toronto) is a public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on the grounds that surround Queen’s Park. It was founded by royal charter in 1827 as King’s College, the first institution of higher learning in the colony of Upper Canada. Originally controlled by the Church of England, the university assumed the present name in 1850 upon becoming a secular institution
Applicants must secure sponsorship of a supervisor, or supervisors, from the professoriate within the Faculty of Arts & Science.
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Canada
Eligible Field of Study: Any research discipline across Faculty of Arts & Science at the University of Toronto.
- As these fellowships are designed for relatively recent graduates, candidates must have completed all requirements for their doctorate degree no earlier than May 1, 2016.
- Candidates cannot currently hold a tenure-track or continuing faculty position at a college or university.
- Candidates may be citizens of any country, and from any university. Please note that successful international candidates must be able to meet all Canadian immigration requirements.
- The application deadline is December 6, 2017, with start dates no earlier than May 1, 2018 and no later than December 1, 2018. Decisions will be made in mid-March 2018, and successful applications will have 6 weeks from the time the decisions are announced to accept or decline the fellowship.
- Fellowships are only tenable within FAS at the University of Toronto. Proposed supervisor(s) must have a tenure-track or tenured appointment in FAS (i.e., fully appointed at the St. George campus) at the University of Toronto.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: These fellowships pay a stipend of $45,000 per year
Duration of Scholarship: Maximum of two years.
How to Apply:
- Submit your CV and a completed Arts & Science Postdoctoral Fellowship application form (www.artsci.utoronto.ca/graduate/postdoctoral-fellowships) to the office of the Vice-Dean Research & Infrastructure (email@example.com)The form includes a one page research proposal where you should describe your proposed research project and highlight the importance and impact of the research, and how this research fits into your academic goals. Please note that reference list or bibliography are not necessary for the proposal.
- Arrange for your proposed supervisor(s) to send the Arts & Science Postdoctoral Supervisor form to the office of the Vice-Dean Research & Infrastructure (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Submit a completed Arts & Science Postdoctoral Supervisor form (www.artsci.utoronto.ca/graduate/postdoctoral-fellowships) to the Vice-Dean Research & Infrastructure (email@example.com).
- In the space provided, please comment on the applicant’s research potential, the quality of the proposed research, the research environment and resources that will be available to the applicant, and how the fellowship will advance the applicant’s career development.
Award Provider: University of Toronto
Application Deadline: 6th December, 2017