The University of Queensland (UQ), is offering the Master of Leadership scholarship in Global Development to distinguished masters students commencing in 2018. The University of Queensland (UQ), is a research university primarily located in Queensland’s capital city, Brisbane. As one of Australia’s leading universities. UQ is consistently ranked first for business administration, mining engineering and life sciences in Australia. This scholarship is for applicants to the Master of Leadership in Global Development postgraduate coursework program.
The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage and support international students from low to middle income countries with demonstrated frontline experience of working on development projects. Applicants must have a stated desire and purpose to bring frontline learning to higher levels of aid organisations and development policy arenas. Applicants must have been educationally disadvantaged as a result of their financial circumstances.
Eligible Countries: Low and middle Income countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Australia
Eligibility: An applicant is eligible for the scholarship, if the applicant –
- Has an existing application with UQ for the MLGD and meets all entry requirements for the program – conditional on earning the MicroMasters® credential; and
- Submits an application to the Head, by the closing date for applications; and
- Is an international student within the meaning of the Fee Rules.
Incomplete applications and applications not meeting the eligibility requirements will not be considered.
- The scholarship is awarded to the applicant showing greatest merit as demonstrated by –
- Demonstrated frontline experience working on development projects
- Educational disadvantage experienced as a result of financial circumstances;
- Demonstrated interest in a continued career in the development sector;
- Personal qualities, including leadership potential, community service and engagement; and
- Any other matter that the selection committee considers to be relevant to the applicant’s futursuccess in the development profession
- For the selection process, the Head must establish a Selection Committee, comprising –
- The Head, or nominee, as Chair of the Committee; and
- The Program Director of the MLGD program; and
- One member of the university’s academic staff who is currently teaching into the program.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: $36,688. The value of the scholarship is $36,688 (indexed annually) to cover EITHER
- Scholarship A) full tuition fees for the MLGD program for the year for which it is held OR
- Scholarship B) a Living Allowance, Visa application fees, a Travel & Establishment grant, Standard Overseas Student Health (OSHC) cover and the UQ Student Services Amenities Fee (SSAF)
Duration of Program:
How to Apply:
- Applicants must complete an application form and submit this to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
Award Providers: University of Queensland
Application Deadline: 6th November 2017