The University of Leicester is a public research university based in Leicester, England. Leicester is a leading university committed to international excellence, world-changing research and high quality, inspirational teaching.
International students who seek for research-based institutions are however, encouraged to travel down this lane as it worth the tuition fee you will pay.
How to Apply?
The mode of application is online for both exchange and fee paying applicants. It is made up of two parts:
- Online Application Form
- Module Indication Form
Both parts must be completed for the school to accept your application. Guidance can be found below.
If you have difficulty accessing the online application please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates and deadlines
Fall Semester 2018 and Academic Year 2018/19
- 31st May 2018 application deadline for Semester 1/ September 2018 entry
- Once you have submitted your application in full we will contact you by email. After you receive your study offer letter you will be able to request a room in University of Leicester managed accommodation.
Spring Semester 2019
- Information on this webpage will be updated in December 2018
Accommodation for International Students
- New undergraduate international students are guaranteed a room in university-managed accommodation provided that they apply by the specified deadline in the year in which their degree begins.
- Students can choose from catered halls of residence or self-catered accommodation, with a range of rooms from standard single rooms to en-suite (own bathroom) and deluxe. Halls of Residence have free broadband internet
It’s estimated that students should budget for approximately £750 – 800 per month, covering accommodation, lighting, heating, food, and personal expenses. Please note: Students applying for a Tier 4 visa will be required to demonstrate that they have money for any course fees, plus £1,015 for living costs each calendar month of your course.
Tuition Fees/other costs
*Note: Exchange students do not pay any tuition fees to the University of Leicester.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
English Language Requirements
- International students need to demonstrate a good level of written and spoken English.
- The minimum entrance requirements are as follows, other tests may also be accepted: GCSE: B–C, IELTS 6.0–7.5, TOEFL: 80–110.