Young people with drive, and ambition who can think out of the box in problem solving projects aimed in expanding and improving life situations are invited by The Rolex Awards for Enterprise.
The Rolex Awards is a financial assistance coming from Rolex SA. Makers of the popular brand wrist watch, Rolex.
To participate in The Rolex Awards, recipients from any country, must be over 18 years of age.
Applicants must submit projects that are envisaged for the future or that have been completed only in part.
Applications for the 2018 Rolex Awards for Enterprise are now open. The 2018 Rolex Awards for Enterprise do not fund scholarships for academic studies or research.
- Applications are open to candidates aged 18-30 years old by the end of the application period.
- Pre-applications for the 2018 Rolex Awards for Enterprise may be submitted by individuals only. No institutional or collective preapplications are allowed. If a project represents the efforts of several individuals, one person must represent the group and sign the preapplication form. Should such a group effort be chosen, the Rolex Award will be presented to the individual representative. Rolex SA will have no obligation to any other members of the group.
- No pre-applications on behalf of another person will be accepted. Preapplicants must submit their own ideas and proposals.
- Pre-applications cannot be submitted by Rolex employees; Rolex agents and retailers and their employees; employees of advertising, public relations and any other agencies acting for Rolex; members of the immediate families of any of the above; any other person closely connected with Rolex SA. Former Rolex Awards and Young Laureates Programme Jury Members, Laureates, Associate Laureates and Young Laureates are also excluded.
- Preapplictions are invited only for projects in the areas listed below (see Field of Study below)
- Projects must improve the quality of life on the planet, expand knowledge of our world or contribute to the betterment of humankind.
- Projects must be envisaged for the future or completed only in part. Completed work, or projects that will be finished when the awards are announced late in 2018, cannot be considered.
In addition to demonstrating a spirit of enterprise and leadership, candidates must put forward projects or work plans that:
- have a clear purpose,
- are original, and
- have the potential for significant impact.
Citizens of ANY nationality or background.
Fields of study
For the 2018 awards, Rolex Awards for Enterprise will support pioneering work in three areas:
- The environment
- Applied science and technology
- Exploration and discovery
Number of awards
Five Rolex awards will be offered to young leaders
This is a onetime financial presentation and award.
Scholarship benefits / Prizes
The winners will each receive 100,000 Swiss francs to advance their projects. They will also benefit from worldwide publicity and receive a Rolex chronometer
Method of Application
Candidates for the Rolex Awards can submit their project ideas in a short online pre-application. Candidates have a maximum of three weeks to complete their application form once they create an account. The application must be completed in English. Candidates are allowed to fill in only one application. The candidate should be the person who plays a leading role in the project or the organization.
Projects are judged on their feasibility, originality, potential for sustained impact and, above all, on the candidates’ spirit of enterprise. Applicants must show how they will use a Rolex Award to leverage the impact of their projects, and how, through initiative and ingenuity, they will benefit mankind.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information and also to access the online application link.
Please apply anytime between December 1, 2016 and June 30, 2017 (at 12 noon Switzerland time, GMT+2). Rolex strongly encourages you to apply early.
Winners are chosen by a Jury of international experts who themselves embody the spirit of enterprise that the Awards seek to promote. The Jury is international, interdisciplinary and independent. A new panel is convened for each series of Awards, which are presented every two years. The applications are analysed by a team of scientific researchers before being presented to the Jury.
Application Deadline: 30 June 2017
Open to International Applicants