The Wits China-Africa Reporting Project at the Journalism Department of the University of the Witwatersrand is appointing a progression of Themed Grants about the condition of relations and associations between francophone African nations and China.
Application Deadline: 30th March 2017
Offered every year? Yes
Qualified Countries: Countries in Africa
About the Award: The stipends are interested in all French-speaking African writers, and the goal is to empower columnists to explore the present situation on the ground in Francophone Africa.
Candidates are urged to survey deliberately the Project’s manual for detailing awards, i.e. inclination will be given to recommendations with a generally limit center around particular ventures or issues; where conceivable columnists ought to distinguish people or groups through which to recount the story and plan to show on-the-ground effect and points of view.
Candidates can see “Announcing subjects” (in connection beneath) regarding what sort of stories to cover:
Sort: Research, Grants
The stipends are interested in all French-speaking African columnists
Inclination will be given to proposition with a generally central limit which revloves around particular tasks or issues; where conceivable writers ought to recognize people or groups through which to recount the story and plan to display on-the-ground effect and points of view.
Number of Awardees: Not indicated
Estimation of Grants:
The stipends are proposed to give financing to travel, settlement and sundry day by day costs, however not auto employ, acquisition of hardware or expert charges, or to purchase production space
Stipends are by and large amongst $300 and $1,500
Given beneficiaries will be paid 75% of the grant total at the start, and the rest 25% when (and if) the component is distributed on a news media stage/production
Term of Grants: The detailing undertaking ought to be finished and distributed inside three months of the receipt of the grant subsidizing unless generally concurred
Instructions to Apply: French-speaking African writers keen on applying for this Themed Grants arrangement ought to send a proposition containing every one of the things recorded underneath to email@example.com by no later than March 30. Recommendations can be in French or English.
Applications must contain:
Draft title of the component to be created, including clear sign of which topic recorded above to be sought after and significance to the part of ladies in Africa-China relations
Brief proposition of the subject and approach and further supporting data
Financial plan in US dollars with clear organized use no higher than US$1,500
Sign of where candidate means to distribute the article
Candidate CV and rundown of past Africa-China distributions (assuming any)
Visit Grants Webpage for points of interest
Grant Provider: Africa-China Reporting Project