Gates Cambridge scholarships are for postgraduate (Masters and PhD) candidates interested in studying free in Europe. This Scholarship is an international opportunity for International students who would like to study free at the renowned University of Cambridge, UK.
Accepted Courses: Masters and PhD Courses as offered by the university
Additional info Scholarship
Please note that Gates Cambridge Scholarships are super competitive full scholarships for international students interested in studying abroad. A sum total of 90 international students will be awarded these prestigious scholarships. However, only competitive applicants will receive these distinguished scholarship awards. Only students who hail from countries outside the Uk will be eligible to apply. This scholars program seeks to build a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
Scholarship Type: Full-cost Masters and PhD scholarship
- outstanding intellectual ability
- leadership potential
- a commitment to improving the lives of others
- a good fit between the applicant’s qualifications and aspirations and the postgraduate programme at Cambridge for which they are applying
- You must be acitizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- You must be applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study: PhD (three year research-only degree); MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree); or a one year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
- already a student at Cambridge and want to apply for a new postgraduate course. For example, if you are studying for an MPhil you can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to do a PhD. However, if you have already started a course, you cannot apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to fund the rest of it.
- already a Gates Cambridge Scholar and want to apply for a second Scholarship. You must apply by the second, international deadline and go through the same process of departmental ranking, shortlisting and interviewing as all other candidates.
Number of Scholarship: Several
Value of Scholarship
Scholarship will cover the full cost of study
- the University Composition Fee and College fees at the appropriate rate*
- a maintenance allowance for a single student
- one economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
Duration of Scholarship: For the duration of the programme
Eligible Countries: For international students
To be taken at (country): Cambridge University UK
Applications for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship for October 2016 entry will open on 1 September 2015. The deadlines are as follows:
- Round 1 (US citizens based in the USA) –14 October 2015
- Round 2 (all other eligible candidates)– 2 December 2015
Offered annually? Yes
How to Apply
Visit the Scholarship Webpage
Gates Cambridge Trust