Internship open to: Undergraduates or graduate students specializing in art, art history, museum studies or related fields
Reward: a monthly stipend of USD 1,000 in Birmingham, UK
The Goodrich Internship is both a year-long/part-time internship position. An accepted Intern will be required to rotate between the four major departments within the Museum (Curatorial, Education, Registration, and Development) and will work closely with staff throughout the Museum. He/she will be given considerable responsibility during his/her tenure, allowing him/her the opportunity to gain an in-depth perspective on museum work, from programming to exhibitions and beyond.
The Goodrich Internship will begin in September 2016 and the Intern is paid a monthly stipend of $1,000.
The Goodrich Internship will provide undergraduates or graduate students in art, art history, museum studies or related fields with the opportunity to explore the possibilities of a museum career.
This Internship is a year-long, part-time position. The Intern will receive a monthly stipend of USD 1,000.
How to apply
Interested internship candidates should submit the following:
- A filled out Application form;
- A short letter of interest;
- A personal statement of no more than 500 words that explains why the applicant would like to intern at the Museum, why he/she is applying for a specific internship opportunity, what he/she hopes to achieve from the experience, and what he/she believes he/she can contribute;
- Two letters of recommendation;
- Copy of recent transcripts;
- Resume (optional).
Application materials that are not attached to the application form should be sent to:
Birmingham Museum of Art
2000 Rev. Abraham Woods, Jr. Blvd.
Birmingham, AL, 35203-2278
Please click here for more info