UNESCO is partnering with the Czech Republic government to offer fully funded scholarships to students from developing countries to pursue undergraduate and masters degree programs in the fields of Natural Resources and Environment, Forestry Engineering, Tropical Agriculture, Water and Landscape Management, Economics and Finance, Environment, Ecology and Environmental Protection, Informatics, Engineering Informatics, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Energy Engineering.
The aim of this scholarship is to promote human resource capacities in the developing Member States and enhancing friendships among individuals of the world, the Government of the Czech Republic has put at the disposal of UNESCO three long-term fellowships for undergraduate programs (which includes the Bachelor’s and Master’s study programmes for the academic year 2017-2018) for the benefit of certain developing Member States.
You are eligible to apply if you are a citizen of any of these countries:
Fields of study
The following fields of study are recommended:
Natural Resources and Environment, Forestry Engineering, Tropical Agriculture, Water and Landscape Management, Economics and Finance, Environment, Ecology and Environmental Protection, Informatics, Engineering Informatics, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Energy Engineering.
Selection of applicants for this award will be based on the following criteria:
- Selection is very competitive and will be given to applicants who, apart from meeting the academic qualifications required, opt for the fields of study enumerated above.
- Also note that there won’t be wrong to change the field of study or the study programme once the fellowship has been awarded. It is important to note that only applications with complete documentations shall be considered for evaluation.
What the scholarship covers
The following facilities will be offered by the Czech government:
- Full tuition will be provided for all admitted scholars.
- A monthly allowance of 14,000 Czech Crowns (1 euro = approximately 25 crowns) for students undertaking bachelor and master’s study programmes (Should this allowance be considered insufficient, the applying Member State may consider granting a partial contribution, or, the candidate may have to seek other funds from private sources to complement this allowance).
- Accommodation at the student dormitories at reduced rates (to be paid by the fellow from the monthly allowance mentioned in (2) above).
- Access to meals (to be paid with the monthly allowance) in the student dining halls.
- Access to discounts for urban transportation.
- The Ministry of Health provides medical care to fellow.
The following facilities will be offered by UNESCO:
- UNESCO will cover international travel expenses within the framework of the Fellowships Programme under the Regular Programme. Upon selection of the candidates, UNESCO will undertake the necessary action to authorize tickets to the beneficiaries before their departure for the Czech Republic.
- A special one-time allowance of US$200 to cover transit and other miscellaneous expenses.
Mode of application
All applications should be endorsed by the relevant Government body (such as the National Commission or Permanent Delegation), must be made on a Czech fellowship application form, filled out in English in electronic form until 30 September 2016. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
Applications must be submitted on or before 30th September 2016 (Midnight Paris time).