Upon the idea of the originator of the Matsumae International Foundation (MIF),
“Towards A Greater Understanding of Japan and a Lasting World Peace”, MIF launched the Research Fellowship Program in 1980.
Announcement is hereby made that the 2018 Research Fellowship Program has also been discharged.
Candidates of non-Japanese nationality who meet the greater part of the accompanying qualification prerequisites are welcome to present the required application records.
1. Candidates must hold a Ph.D. (Doctorate) degree, or be perceived by MIF as having equal scholarly capabilities.
2. Candidates must be 49 years of age or under.
3. Candidates must have adequate conversational capacity in English or Japanese to anticipate unfavorable troubles amid their exploration exercises in Japan.
4. Candidates ought not have been in Japan in the past as well as in the present.
5. Candidates ought to have firm positions and callings in their nations of origin, and ought to profit to their nations for finishing of their cooperation remain by MIF.
6. Candidates must be of sound wellbeing and not physically impaired at all which would not keep from completing exploration in Japan.
Period and Length of Fellowship
Candidates show the period of Fellowship with the clearly displayed duration required for the Research Project (Application Document #2) between 3 months to 6 months, and the initiating month and completion month between April 2018 to March 2019. (e.g. 5 months from June 2018 to October 2018).
MIF arrangements intend to welcome around 20 people.
Japanese Host Institution
Candidates are allowed to choose host organizations (college investigative labs, national research foundations or the comparing offices of private industry) in which to complete their examination. Nonetheless, candidates are advised that they are obliged to acquire acknowledgment from such host foundations preceding the presentation of their applications.
MIF can’t give insight or exhortation to a candidate concerning his/her host establishment in Japan.
Stipend for research and stay, Insurance, Air transportation (a round-excursion air ticket to/from Tokyo) and Lump total on landing
Stipend for research and stay totalling ¥220,000 yen is given month to month to the motivation before the installment of educational cost, costs for research materials, lodging, suppers, transportation, and so forth.
Protection … .. Abroad Travel Accident/Sickness Insurance: (1) Personal mishap protection with death advantage and treatment, and (2) Sickness protection with death advantage and medicinal treatment.
Air transportation … An economy-class round-excursion air ticket between the universal airplane terminal closest to fruitful candidate’s home living arrangement and Tokyo by means of most direct steering is given. The gave air ticket can’t be changed over to money, nor can money be given by MIF to buy of an air ticket by any individual or association other than MIF.
Single amount on entry .. ¥120,000 yen is given to help nearby travel costs on entry, the underlying expense of cabin, and so forth.
Period and Number of Fellowships:
For a time of from three to six months; the quantity of participants is around 20 people every year.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the MIF 2018 Research Fellowship Program