Info: The Chevening Secretariat is now accepting scholarship applications for 2017/2018 from the 3rd of August until 3rd November 2016 for international graduates from developing countries. In a few weeks’ time, a sum total of 1,500 aspiring future leaders from across the world, and from different professional backgrounds, will arrive in the UK to begin an enriching life-changing year studying and discovering the UK as a Chevening Scholar. This time next year, this really could be you, and the first step to being awarded a prestigious Chevening Scholarship is to apply.
Eligible Courses: Chevening Scholars will be selected from a cross range of academic fields; such as politics, government, business, the media, the environment, civil society, religion, and academia in any UK University
More info: All Chevening Scholarships will be awarded to applicants with strong academic backgrounds who demonstrate the highest leadership potential. The scholarship will offer substantial financial support to study for a Master’s degree at any of the UK’s leading universities and the opportunity to become part of an influential global network of 44,000 alumni. There are approximately 1,500 Chevening Scholarships on offer globally for the 2016/2017 academic cycle. These scholarships represent a significant investment from the UK government to develop the next cohort of global leaders.
Eligibility: To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Applicants should be citizens of a Chevening-eligible country.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK
- Have at least two years’ work experience
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 14 July 2016
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 14 July 2016
Number of Scholarship: 1,500
Value of Scholarship: All Chevening Scholarships will comprise the following:
- Total payment of tuition fees;
- Round trip ravel to and from your country of residence by an approved route for you only;
- Scholar’s living allowance;
- a grant for the cost of preparation of a thesis or dissertation (if required);
- an excess baggage allowance;
- the cost of an entry clearance (visa) application for you only;
- a monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses. The monthly stipend will depend on whether you are studying inside or outside London. It is currently £917 per month outside London and £1134 per month inside London (subject to annual review).
Duration of Scholarship: One year
Eligible Countries: All developing countries of the world
Application process: To apply for a Chevening Scholarship, aplicants must complete and submit an online eChevening application form.
Click here to apply