Deadline: September 30, 2015
This is a funded international opportunity for individuals interested in nurturing ideas that could change the world! If that’s you, send your Bright Ideas talk, and you could stand a chance of traveling to the Commonwealth Youth Forum in Malta, with all your travel and accommodation expenses fully covered by the Commonwealth Secretariat.
Bright Ideas from a Young Commonwealth will showcase the amazing ideas and activities of young people aged 15-29 from Commonwealth countries who are leading positive change in their communities, countries or regions through their own innovative solutions to challenges large and small.
Bright Ideas events and videos are a great way to generate discussion about challenges facing the Commonwealth and solutions already coming to fruition.
Supported by the Commonwealth Youth Programme, our hope is to inspire and motivate young people to see how they can put their ideas into action to make a better world.
Each entrant must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be aged between 18 and 29 years.
- Citizens of a Commonwealth country.
- Be an individual because group entries are not permitted.
- Doing great and innovative work in democracy or development, which has created change for a community or beyond.
- Each entrant must submit a suitable video or audio file in accordance with the Bright Ideas code of conduct. Please note that entries must be original and specific to the competition; you cannot submit pre-existing audio or video files.
- Each entrant must also hold a valid passport and be eligible to obtain a Schengen visa for entry to Malta (and any transit destinations).
- Submit your Bright Ideas talk in video or audio format to email@example.com by 30 September 2015, 5pm London time (GMT+1).
Along with your submission, please include the following in your email:
- Date of birth
- Country of origin
- A short sentence (max 50 words) explaining your Bright Ideas talk.