More than one billion individuals on the planet need access to cutting edge vitality administrations, for example, power to control their group’s X-beam machines or clean-blazing cookstoves to set up their family’s dinners. An expected two times that number need dependable get to. While vitality neediness looks changed all through the world, it has huge effects wherever on wellbeing, access to essential administrations and monetary open door.
What systemic issues are driving vitality destitution? How are individuals on the ground affected?
What’s more, maybe in particular, what potential arrangements exist that additionally take environmental change
what’s more, other social and ecological issues into record?
These are the issues we need to investigate through the Access to Energy Journalism Fellowship (AEJF). By supporting writers around the globe to provide details regarding vitality access in their areas through the AEJF, we intend to reveal insight into issues and research potential arrangements.
The objectives of the AEJF are twofold. To begin with, it is expected to bolster news coverage on vitality get to that will affect neighborhood open talk in the columnists’ nations or locales. Second, it will bring stories on vitality access from a wide range of parts of the world together on one stage (see: Power Struggle), to portray the worldwide scene of vitality get to issues. Since vitality destitution looks so not quite the same as one place to the following, this cooperative approach will include truly necessary profundity and subtlety to the more extensive discussion.
This cooperation is open both to staff journalists and to specialists who have a composed assention from a proofreader at a production to distribute the substance they deliver and partake in the venture.
Inclination will be given to correspondents who have profound learning of the groups/
points that they plan to write about. The deliverables include:
• A 1,500-2,000-word interactive media web story (counting photographs, subtitles and recordings).
• The colleagues will deliver two renditions of their article: one kept in touch with suit the gathering of people of their nearby production (kept in touch with a neighborhood crowd, in a nearby dialect, if pertinent), and one adjusted to address a global group of onlookers for the venture stage and other
partaking productions (in English). On the off chance that the neighborhood form of the kindred’s article will be
composed/distributed in a dialect other than English, any cost connected with interpretation
ought to be incorporated into the financial plan.
The Discourse Media group will work with colleagues to alter
their articles for quality, gauges and global importance.
• A reflection piece giving an insider witness into the kindred’s reporting for the venture.
• Social media content/advancement and an openness to other engagement devices.
The subsequent substance will be distributed in different spots:
• Individual elements will be distributed by every kindred’s media outlet.
• Content from all colleagues will be distributed on Power Struggle, a committed venture site and center for vitality get to news coverage.
• All components created as a major aspect of the venture will be accessible to the next media outlets
partaking in the cooperation to distribute, in the event that they wish, through a substance sharing assention.
As a component of the application, correspondents are required to submit:
• A two-page proposition specifying:
›› Your inspiration and justification for needing to participate in the venture.
›› The story thought/edge you will seek after with your reporting, and how you will do as such.
›› Additional mixed media that would go with the piece (e.g. information, maps, sidebars).
• A letter of support from an editorial manager at the distribution you work at, communicating responsibility
to distribute your component and take part in the venture.
• A proposed spending plan. When all is said in done, this financing pool is proposed to bolster reporting costs past remuneration gave by the candidate’s production. Subsidizing is adaptable and can cover a scope of reporting costs from go to provisions.
Demands for individual
stipends will be considered now and again, especially in nations where pay
for reporting is poor. The aggregate pool of accessible financing for all colleagues joined is $8,000
Computer aided design. If you don’t mind give a spending that subtle elements all costs that your proposed financing demand
• A brief bio and CV.
• Two or three cases of your composed work. Up to two sight and sound cases might be
incorporated into expansion to composed work.
The most effective method to submit
• Applications ought to be messaged to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: December seventh 2017
• Application due date is midnight Pacific Standard Time on Wednesday, Dec. 7, 2016.
• Fellows will be chosen and reached in mid-January 2017. Articles must be finished and submitted for distribution by mid-March 2017.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Access to Energy Journalism Fellowship 2016/2017