Are you a blogger who truly know what blogging business entails? If yes, then clinch on this opportunity.
Deutsche Welle (DW), has extended the deadline for the DW Blogger Competition for environmentally-mined bloggers.
DW, is a member of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) that offers regularly updated articles on its online news website and runs its own center for international media development.
DW invites bloggers in Nigeria to participate in a blogger competition on how to preserve the environment. The contest is tagged blogger contest “Digital Heroes – Generation Nigeria”. The winner will get a two-week internship program at Deuts Welle.
1). Who can participate?
- Bloggers must be at least 18 years old at the time of submission.
- Bloggers must be active on social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, YouTube, etc.)
2). What kind of work can you submit?
DW accepts entries in three journalistic formats:
- Video (max. 3min.)
- Photo gallery (max. 10 photos)
- Article (max. 5,000 characters)
Please note carefully:
- All files submitted for the competition must be a product of your own work.
- Submitted links should be posted on one of your social media platforms.
- Each blogger is allowed to submit only one entry (for only one category).
- Your entry must cover issues involving the environment.
- The competition language and the language of entries is English.
- You cannot submit any work that has been published or broadcast by Deutsche Welle.
3). Selection Criteria/Procedure:
Who selects the winners?
- A jury of experts will evaluate the entries, based on criteria such as clarity, narrative structure, research, innovation, authenticity and originality. The jury will choose the top three entries from each category.
- Out of these nine finalists, the jury will choose the winner of the grand prize: a two-week internship at Deutsche Welle, Germany.
- Decisions of the jury are final and are not subject to legal appeal.
- All nine finalist entries will be published on DW.com/africa. The audience will then determine the ranking and winners from each category with a public online vote.
- The voting starts on Monday, June 5, 2017.
Citizens of Nigeria
Topic to Work on
“How to preserve the environment”
Number of awards
There will be nine (9) finalists. Out of these nine finalists, the jury will choose the winner of the grand prize
What can you win?
1). Grand prize
- Two-week internship at DW in Germany.
2). All categories
- 1st prize: GoPro camera
- 2nd prize: Smartphone
- 3rd prize: iPod
In addition, all nine winners will be invited to attend the awards ceremony to be held on July 5, 2017 in Lagos, Nigeria.
Method of Application
On the Digital Heroes entry form, you must include a link to the post on your social media platform.
Submit this form before the deadline (see below). Please note that entries after the deadline will not be accepted. By participating you declare that you accept the official terms and conditions.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on how to participate in this competition
Submission extended to) Friday, 12th June 2017