The United Nation non-Governmental liaison Service (UN-NGLS) in collaboration with the United Nations Office for disaster risk reduction (UNISDR) have together decided to put together a transparent system that will aid select some civil society speakers and delegates to participate in the official segment of the UN World conference on Disaster Risk Reduction (WCDRR). The conference which will take place between 14th and 18th march 2015 in Sendai Japan will attract 2 high profile speakers in multi-stakeholder partnership dialogue, 5 delegates, in Ministerial round table discussions. A total of 23 civil society representative whose travel expense shall be catered for shall be made available.
Objective of the World conference
- Reviewing and assessing the progress made in implementation of the Hyogo Framework action
- Evaluation of the experience garnered through institutions engaged at planning and managing disaster risk reduction. The recommendations and agreements for the implementation of the Hyogo framework of action shall be reviewed.
- Adoption of framework for disaster reduction made after 2015
- Recognition of laid out modalities of cooperation and commitments needed in the implementation of the post-2015 underlying principles needed in disaster management and risk reduction
- Select best modalities and a periodic review for the implementation of a post-2015 framework disaster and risk management
Nomination of representative
Nomination of the civil society representatives shall be on individual basis the, through this process. It should be noted that nominees within the private sector shall not selected.
For further enquiries and nomination of candidate, please visit