Chevening is a scholarship usually awarded by the UK Government to international students which is aimed at developing global leaders. This scholarship which is funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations, Chevening awards two types of scholarship and they include – Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships – the recipients of which are personally selected by British embassies and high commissions throughout the world.
Chevening offers a unique opportunity for future leaders and influencers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK
- Have at least two years’ work experience
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 12 July 2018
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 12 July 2018
Fields of study
This scholarship is awarded to students who wish to pursue Full-time taught Masters Degree Programme in any subject at any UK university.
Number of Awards:
A total of 1500 chevening scholarships are usually offered to international students.
What does the scholarship cover?
The Chevening scholarship is fully funded and covers expenses like university tuition fees, a monthly stipend, travel costs to and from the UK, an arrival allowance, a homeward departure allowance, the cost of one visa application, and a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK.
How to apply
Applications are currently closed. You can keep checking on this site to see the new application whenever it is out, usually between September and December.
Applications for Chevening Awards can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the ‘apply’ button on your country’s page. Applications close on 7 November 2017 at 12:00 GMT (midday UK time). Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply or check for new applications.
The deadline for this application has passed. You can check this site continuously for new application whenever it is advertised.