International applicants are currently invited to apply for the funded 2016 Youth Leadership Summit (YLS)– a week-long service leadership training that aims to create a platform for young people from around the world to interact with each other and build a powerful network of youth service leaders through their collective experience. Particpants engage with and learn from fellow participants, but will grow and discover more about themselves as they catapult into influential leaders under the guidance of experienced SEALNet mentors and alumni from around the region.
This year’s central theme is “Sustainable Service Leadership”.
Applicants are eligible if they
- Recently graduated from a licensed high school or are in university.
- Have project ideas and wants to lead a project after the summit.
- Are of Southeast Asian nationalities/ ethnicities.
- Demonstrate a deep rooted enthusiasm for Southeast Asian development and community engagement.
- Are active and open-minded with a strong will to interact among others from various backgrounds around the world.
- Possibly have a past involvement with SEALNet
Date: June 26- July 30, 2016
– Successful Participants will participate in various service leadership training
– They will expand their knowledge of Southeast Asia through not only through their peers but also from professionals and experts.
–Participants will experience strong cultural exchange among their counterparts in the region
– They will work with a group of young, dynamic students from various backgrounds
– Develop friendships that go beyond borders and time
– Succcessful scholars should be inspired, committed and ready to lead their own projects after the summit, including a chance to lead a SEALNet summer project in 2017.
Please read the application guideline on the application website before submitting your form. To apply, you need to submit the online application form.
Deadline: Please submit your completed application on or before March 6, 2016
Please note that SEALNet seeks to cover all the on-site expenses except an applicants travel expenses to Hanoi, Vietnam, where the summit will be held. Thus, an accepted individual will be expected to get to (and leave) Hanoi at their own expense. Once they arrived, food and lodging on the ground will be provided for by SEALNet for the duration of the summit.
Selected participants will be given financial aid in case they require such assisistance to cater for travel expenses.