- You are eligible to apply if you have completed at least a three-year post-secondary study program (e.g. a Bachelor’s degree) in politics, international relations, journalism, translation studies, or any other related subject
- Intending applicants should be Fluent in oral and written German and English
- They should also be knowledgeable about the German political system as well as current foreign and domestic policy issues in Germany and a strong interest in Canadian domestic and foreign policy
- Applicants must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, demonstrating adaptability, attention to detail and organizational skills. Candidates should be able to multitask effectively
- Good computer literacy, internet research experience and willingness to familiarize oneself with the Embassy’s internal computer programs.
- Knowledge of written and oral French
- You will have the exciting responsibility of Supporting the Political Section by conducting various research tasks (mainly based on internet sources), drafting reports and providing background material concerning current political issues (mostly relating to Germany)
- Accepted participants will perform a daily media scan of Germany’s political environment according to the priorities of the Political Section and draft summaries in English
- You will be part of the organization of events taking place at the Embassy, as well as official visits to Germany by Canadian delegations or guest speakers.
The ratio of research to organizational tasks is roughly 50:50.
In 2016, we are offering a total of four internships, each for a period of three months. The internship program is only available on a full-time basis and interns will be paid €450 per month. You can currently apply for the following internships:
If interested, please send your application, including a cover letter and your CV in English (max. size: 1 MB), to email@example.com. Do not attach photos or reference letters.
All selected candidates will be put through a trilingual telephone interview in German, English and French.Note that due to the large volume of applications received, only applicants called for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that this internship opportunity does not guarantee employment at the end of it. All jobs available at the Embassy are advertised on our homepage and subject to competition.
Interns would receive monthly financial remuneration.
Application deadline: June 10, 2015
Click here for more info