Annually, the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) in Nigeria awards several scholarship opportunities to smart Niger Deltans who desire to pursue postgraduate programs abroad. These scholarships aim to prepare Niger Deltans with real world training and skills for effective participation in the local content program of the Federal Government.
To be eligible for this scholarship, Nigerian applicants are encouraged to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants hoping to undertake a masters degree, should possess a first Degree with minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division, and a good Master’s Degree for PhD candidates from a recognized University.
- Qualified applicants should have gained Admission into a Post Graduate Programme in any of the below-listed disciplines in a University abroad.
- Note that applicants who are already enrolled in universities abroad are ineligible to apply.
- Guarantor’s written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicant’s community/clan:
- Member of National Assembly
- Chairman of the LGA.
- First class traditional ruler.
- High Court Judge
- Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall NOT be considered for the award.
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service.
- Applicants must have a valid Admission Letter from a Foreign University.
- Medical Sciences (M.sc. Public Health Excluded)
- Computer Science/Technology
- Environmental Sciences
- Environmental or Gas/Oil Law
- Project Management
How to apply
Applications are submitted online at the NDDC commission’s official website.Please make sure you submit the following documents as they will be needed during the online application;
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government identification letter.
- Post Graduate (PG) admission letter from Overseas University.
- Relevant Degrees from recognized University.
- NYSC Discharge Certificate
Click here to gain more info on how to apply
Please send in your application for this scholarship on or before Friday, 22nd April, 2016.