There are tons of uncountable benefit one derives from studying abroad. Actually, is an opportunity many wish to mine because it exposes you to see the world from standing at a spot. For the sake of this article, what are the benefits of studying abroad.
- Self development – Studying abroad and getting to meet new people from different cultures, backgrounds and race will no doubt rise your development perimeter to an amazing level. According to a recent survey conducted, 97 percent of international students believed that studying abroad set maturity in motion, 89 percent talked about being able to tolerate ambiguity while 95 percent stated that their view of the world got altered in a positive light.
Am not trying to contend that your home country can’t help in your personal development. I never said such, but going into a strange place, meeting strange people and beholding strange ways of doing a thing will really place your mind on an intense battle to adapt thereby helping in your self development. So, there will be a new change whenever you hit home.
- Education or academic benefit – Is worthy to note that some programs aren’t integrated in some institutions in the world. But leaving the restrictions and going to a country that offers diversify programs that suits your dreams and career is one of the benefits you won’t miss.
Not only do international students have acces to any programs of their choice, they also derive the benefit of being lectured by specialist in any field of study.
- Advance your career – You will always be a rose among thorns when on a job haunt cause your status as being an international student is almost what every employee needs.
They need someone who’s flexible, multi-cultured and also some leadership traits embedded in them which is always seen in the face of international students.
- Improves your second language skill – You probably know your second language very well but being in a country where your second language happens to be the primary language will help you tremendously in adding to your piles of vocabularies you might not find in textbooks. Not forgetting, learning a new language is another advantage you have over students who haven’t cross the shores of their country before.
- Manage your finance – Whether you are on scholarship, grant or any other streams of income, the truth is; you will be the one to pay the bills. Managing your finance without any external interference is a major aspect of being an independent adult which is slightly under personal development.
As an international student, you familiarise yourself with a new currency and their various living expenses.
- New networks – Making a whole new connection of friends abroad is inevitable. Apart from your regular friends and family at home, your international friends holds more worth on your connection list and is quite a huge advantage.
The world is like a spider web and only the connected survives. Having international links is something that will come naturally to an international student.
Studying abroad comes with a lot of opportunities that can be explored anr tapped into. A lot of ideas and a new view of life is something you won’t escape as an abroad student. Frankly, the advantages of studying abroad is too numerous to mention.