Spain, is a country with diverse cultures and historic landmarks within itself, however, making it a preferred study destination for international students. Madrid is the capital of Spain and the largest municipality in both the Community of Madrid and Spain as a whole.
If you’re considering Madrid as your choice location in Spain for study, then, check through the new Top 10 Madrid University Rankings
2018 Madrid Community University Ranking
|1||Universidad Complutense de Madrid||Madrid|
|2||Universidad Politécnica de Madrid||Madrid …|
|3||Universidad Autónoma de Madrid||Madrid|
|4||Universidad Carlos III de Madrid||Getafe|
|5||Universidad de Alcalá||Alcalá de Henares …|
|6||Universidad Rey Juan Carlos||Móstoles …|
|7||Universidad Pontificia Comillas||Madrid|
|8||Universidad CEU San Pablo||Madrid …|
|9||Universidad Europea de Madrid||Villaviciosa de Odón …|
|10||Universidad Internacional Menéndez Pelayo||Madrid|
Some of the best Spanish universities are University of Cadiz and Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona
Tuition fees at top universities in Spain
Course fees in public universities are set by the Spanish government authorities for each area.
Bachelor degrees: between 12.50 to 36 EUR/credit (the equivalent of 750 – 2,100 EUR/year)
Master and PhD degrees: between 15 and 55 EUR/credit (the equivalent of 900 – 3,300 EUR/year)
Tuition fees in private universities
Private universities have higher tuition fees, but usually not exceeding 18,000 EUR/year for any degree programme. However, business schools may sometimes charge tuition over 20,000 EUR/year.
Here are a few examples of top Spanish universities and the average tuition for all fields of study.
1. Universitat Internacional de Catalunya – tuition is between 1,350 and 9,000 EUR/year.
2. Pompeu Fabra University – tuition ranges between 3,000 and 4,000 EUR/year.
3. CETT School of Hotel Management and Tourism – tuition starts from 4,000 and can lead to 11,000 EUR/year.
4. EAE Business School – fees are between 12,900 and 28,000 EUR/year.
5. University of Valencia – the average tuition is 2,760 EUR/year, regardless of the chosen discipline.
Spanish universities with the most affordable tuition fees
- University of Jaen – the average tuition is 1,000 EUR/year
- Open University of Catalonia – the average tuition is 1,500 EUR/year
- University of Lleida – the average tuition is 1,800 EUR/year
- University of Valencia – the average tuition is 2,760 EUR/year
Costs for extra study materials
Aside the tuition fees, books and other learning materials will be added to your monthly budget that can be at least 50 EUR. In case you’ll want to attend special classes, such as Spanish language lessons or other, you will also have to pay a fee that can be as low as 40 EUR, but it can also lead to a few hundred EUR.