The University of Toronto, Canada in partnership with The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program will be awarding free Undergraduate scholarships to talented international students from Sub Saharan African countries.
Eligible Courses: All undergraduate programs currently available in either the Faculty of Arts and Science or the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering can be studied by admitted scholars,
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program is only open to residents and citizens of a Sub-Saharan African country.That said, you must be a first-time applicant to the University of Toronto who has not yet begun university elsewhere.Please be aware that transfer students, are ineligible for this scholarship Program.
You are eligible if:
- you are a resident and a graduating high school student of a Sub-Saharan African country;
- you demonstrate strong financial need correspondent to that of the lowest two quintiles of your home country;
- you possess strong academic results within your school system;
- have a record of leadership and extracurricular involvement;
- maintain a strong desire to return to Africa to assist and work towards enhanced regional socioeconomic development;
- be graduating from a recognized secondary school, or have completed the necessary academic requirements; and
- fulfill the necessary English requirements (dependent on country);
Please note that both academic and English requirements differ based on the country and educational system you are coming from.
Number of Scholarships: 67 scholarships will be offered throughout the duration of the scholars program
Value of Scholarship
If admitted into the program, you will receive a full ride scholarship equivalent to the costs related to attaining a Bachelor’s degree, including travel, tuition, textbooks, housing, food, and living expenses. You will also receive financial, academic, social, and post-graduation support which will enable you to build experiences and competencies critical for academic success.
Duration of Scholarship: for a four-year undergraduate degree
Application Deadline: All completed application must be submitted by 10 December 2015
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship and for admission, you must submit an online application.
A completed application includes the following components:
- A completed online application – all applicable sections must be filled out, including contact information, financial information, personal details and responses to essay questions.
- Financial documents – upload a scanned copy of financial documentation.
- Transcript – upload a scanned copy of your secondary school transcript and any other academic information.
- Two references – provide the names and contact details of two individuals who will serve as your referees. We will contact your referees directly and ask them to submit their letter of reference through a secure website.