In a joint partnership with the Department of International Development (DFID-UK), the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission is inviting applications from international students for scholarship spots of 230 positions for the fall of 2016/17. This is a master’s degree scholarship package that offers fully funded tuition fees, return flight tickets and other expenses to professionals and academicians coming from commonwealth nations, in order to pave way for them to obtain top-notch educational experiences in the United Kingdom. The host University will also provide stipend to support your living expenses at a rate defined by the British government. The programme aims to build valuable skill-sets of beneficiaries, so they can utilize these skills and expertise to effect positive change in their home countries. It is instructive to note that only Universities in the UK have been partnered to offer this experience! Each affiliate University has its own deadlines, for which you must comply. However, general closing date for submission of applications is April 1, 2016.
Applicants must take into account that;
- The Scholarship guarantees no pre English classes for non-native English speakers, thus priority will be given to applicants who demonstrate a good understanding of both spoken and written English.
- There is a requirement to show evidence of not being capable of funding oneself for the master’s programme.
- Must be permanently domiciled in a developing country.
- If selected, you’ll begin classes in September/October this academic season and must therefore be prepared.
- Latest by October 2016, all prospective applicants must possess a minimum qualification of a bachelor’s degree with a second class upper division or better.
To begin with your application, kindly follow the steps below;
- Check from the official website of the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship for details about all affiliate Universities.
- Then look out for the specified deadlines with respect to the Universities of your Choice, and endeavour to submit your application on time. Use the normal routine for application by international students.
- Still on the website, you will also learn more about the Electronic Application System (EAS) which serves as the medium for applying for this scholarship.
You’re allowed to apply for admission in more than one of the affiliate Universities, However, the scholarship will be awarded for only one offer. And the period is one year. All queries concerning this programme should be directed to the Admissions team at the University for which you may wish to apply.
official website for more info