Every year, The Loughborough University (UK) offers a full tuition scholarships for international postgraduates who currently reside in Africa. This Scholarship has been accredited over again as one of the most effectively run Scholarships in the UK. This is an international opportunity for students who want to study abroad.It covers 100% full fees of selected master’s courses offered at the Loughborough University, and replaces any other scholarship selected applicants might have been awarded already. Applications for 2016/2017 is open but unlike previous years, this application season is highly competitive.
Applications will only be considered after the applicant has secured an offer, whether conditional or unconditional for pursuing studies at the university. The Scholarship form can be downloaded from the University website and the deadline for closure of applications is 30th April, 2016.
What qualifications do we look for?
A selection panel will consider the criteria below when evaluating applicants:
- A permanent resident of Africa at the time of applying.
- A strong academic background ( usually first class honours in Undergraduate study)
- Demonstrate readiness to return to Africa after completion of your studies. The panel will consider your commitment to influencing economic and social development upon you return back to your home nation.
- As an applicant, you are expected to have an idea of the cost of living and studying in the UK.
- At least, you should be in a position to fund the remainder of the other expenses as 100% of your course fees will be covered.
Other important information
The sponsorship will last throughout the duration of your programme. And funds for this scholarship are sourced from benevolent external partners and the internally generated funds of the Loughborough University.
The scholarship will be reviewed by a panel from the University of Loughborough and latest by May 2016, all applicants will be notified by email of their admission status.
Further details can be obtained here scholarship webpage