The Government of the People’s Republic of China in partnership with UNESCO is awarding UNESCO/People’s Republic of China Fellowships to deserving International Students. A sum total of Seventy five (75) scholarships are available for advanced studies at different undergraduate and postgraduate levels. These scholarships are for the benefit of developing Member States in Africa, Asia–Pacific, Latin America, Europe and North America and Arab region. Applicants should be under 45 yars and hold at least the bachelor’s degree or the equivalent, or the Master degree/above when applying.
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Applicants should be under 45 and hold at least the bachelor’s degree or the equivalent, or the Master degree/above when applying.
- Applicants should submit english proficiency results.
- Applicants should not be more than 45 of years of age.
- Be in good health, both physically and mentally
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries:
- Africa: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Cote D’ivoire, Democratic Republic Of The Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome And Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Swaziland, Togo, Uganda, United Republic Of Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Asia and the Pacific: Bangladesh, Nauru, Bhutan, Nepal, Cambodia, Niue, Cook Islands, Palau, Democratic People’ S Republic Of Korea, Pakistan, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, India, Philippines, Indonesia, Republic Of Korea, Iran (Islamic Republic Of), Samoa, Kazakhstan, Solomon, Islands, Kiribati, Sri Lanka, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Thailand, Malaysia, Timor Leste, Maldives, Tonga, Marshall Islands, Turkmenistan, Micronesia (Federated States Of), Tuvalu, Mongolia, Uzbekistan, Myamar, Vanuatu and Vietnam.
- Arab States: Algeria, Morocco, Egypt, Palestine, Iraq, Sudan, Jordan, Syrian Arab Republic, Lebanon, Tunisia, Libya and Yemen.
- Latin America and the Caribean: Argentina, Guyana, Belize, Haiti, Bolivia, Honduras, Brazil, Jamaica, Colombia, Mexico, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Cuba, Panama, Dominica, Paraguay Dominican Republic, Peru, Ecuador, Saint Lucia, El Salvador, Saint Vincent And The Grenada, Grenadines, Guatemala, Suriname and Venezuela and
- Europe and North America: Albania, Republic Of Moldova, Armenia, The Former Yugoslav Republic Azerbaijan Of Macedonia, Belarus, Montenegro, Bosnia And Herzegovina, Poland, Georgia, Serbia and Ukraine.
Facilities offered by the Government of the People’s Republic of China:
- A monthly living allowance of CNY 3,000 for general scholars or CNY 3,500 for Senior scholars will be granted covering meals and pocket expenses.
- Full Tution fees will be waived.
- Accommodation will be taken care of
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
Facilities offered by UNESCO:
- One round trip international travel
- A monthly pocket allowance of USD 150A termination allowance of USD 200.
How to apply:
Submit the required documents below:
- Application form
- 3 Photographs
- Duly notarized photocopies of diplomas and certificates and school certified transcripts of complete academic records
- Also include your pre-admission letter
- Submit two letters of recommendations
- Include study or research proposal
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form
- English language proficiency certificate stamped and/or signed
- Online Application should be filled out
Click here for more info