The World Bank Group is currently looking for qualified outstanding professionals to fill in various positions in the World Bank and International Finance Cooperation located in Washington, D.C or one of the regional offices. Applicant posses a minimum qualification for entry levels plus 5 years of relevant work experience. Fluency in English and other foreign languages like French, Arabic, Chinese, Portuguese, Spanish and Russian will be an added advantage.
About The World Bank Group
In the year 2015, World Bank Group instituted a recruitment program to attract sub-Saharan African professionals to their workforce. Since its inception, a lot of professionals have been hired into various fields like Health, Development Economics, Information Systems Technology, Education, social Urban/Rural & Resilience and Governance etc. World bank staff work hand in hand with civil society groups, governments, private sectors, and others in developing countries around the world to assist clients in various areas of developments from policy and strategic advice to the identification, preparation, appraisal, and supervision of development projects.
In order to apply, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Applicant for entry level position must possess a minimum of masters degree plus 5 years relevant work experience.
- Applicants for mid career position must posses a masters degree plus 8 years relevant work experience.
- In addition to these requirements, applicant must also demonstrate capacity for strategic thinking, the ability to conduct dialogue on relevant development policies and priorities, and fluency in English.
- Fluency in foreign languages like French, Arabic, Chinese, Portuguese, Spanish and Russian will be an added advantage.
- Selection will be based on interviews. Shortlisted applicants may be contacted around August 2016 for interviews that will be conducted in Washington D.C or Locations in Africa.
- Interviews will be conducted through September 2016.
Candidates who had previously submitted an applicant through the recruitment drive for African Nationals in the year 2015 should send in a new application to be considered for this year’s campaign. The world Bank Group sincerely apologizes for their inability to consider previously submitted applications.
How to apply for the World Bank Group vacancies
To apply for the World Bank Group vacancies, click on the vacancies below:
How to apply for the IFC Vacancies
IFC is a member of the world Bank Group and is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to create opportunity where it is needed most. In FY15, our long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $18 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. To submit an application, click on the vacancies below:
July 23rd, 2016…………………….Applications due
End of July to September 2016…………Review of applications and update of applications to candidates
August to September 2016…………….. Contact all shortlisted candidates and conduct interviews in Washington, D.C. and locations in Africa
Click here to contact the world bank Group for more information