The University of Twente, Netherlands is currently inviting applications from international students to apply for the University Twente Scholarship (UTS) 2016. This is a study abroad free scholarship for youths.
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Administration
- Business Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Management
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science
- Construction Management and Engineering
- Educational Science and Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Embedded Systems
- European Studies
- Health Sciences
- Human Media Interaction
- Industrial Design Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Environmental and Energy Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Methodology and Statistics for the Behavioural, Biomedical and Social Sciences
- Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society
- Public Administration
- Science Education and Communication
- Sustainable Energy Technology
- Systems and Control
The University Twente Scholarship (UTS) is a scholarship for deserving international students excellent students from both EU/EEA as well as non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a graduate programme (MSc) at the University of Twente.
Scholarship Type: Masters degrees
In order to qualify for the University of Twente Scholarship, you should meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Ensure your programme start date is in September 2016;
- For this application round, ensre you’ve been (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT graduate programmes before 15 March 2016;
- Please include a motivation letter in your application (roughly 250 – 500 words). Your motivation letter should explain the following:
- What you have studied in the past;
- What goal you want to reach through your study at UT;
- How you plan to receive this goal;
- Why you particularly choose to study at the University of Twente;
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study grant;
- You have completed a pre-master at the University of Twente (if applicable);
- You may already apply for a UTS even if you have to do a pre-master programme at the University of Twente first. However, you must complete your pre-master programme with a CGPA of 7.5 (out of 10) to be eligible for a UTS and comply with above mentioned requirements. UTS benefits and support are explicitly for Master’s programmes, not for pre-master programmes. Please note: If you intend to start your Master’s programme in September 2016 and you are required to follow a pre-master programme, the pre-master should start in February 2016 at the latest.
In case of a two-year study programme, students can receive an additional UTS of an amount equal to that in the first year to cover the expenses of the second year. However, the scholarship will only be continued during the second year when students meet the process requirements for the UTS.
Ensure you’ve obtained:
- An average grade of 7 (out of 10) at the end of the third quartile of the first year
- At least 50% of European Credits at the end of the third quartile of the first year
- 90% of European Credits before start of the second year
Number of Scholarships available: Roughly 30 scholarships will be awarded.
Value of Scholarship: € 6,000 – € 25,000 for one year. If you have applied for a two-year programme, make sure you read the information about two-year study programmes below.
Duration of Scholarship: two years
- EU/EEA Countries
- Non-EU/EEA countries
Application Deadline: Apply on or before 31 March 2016
How to Apply
In order to be eligible for a UTS scholarship, you need to be (provisionally) admitted to one of our Master’s programmes.
Visit scholarship webpage for more application details