The Russian Government is currently offering scholarships to international students for bachelor, masters, postgraduate and postgraduate medical studies (internship, clinical residency) programs. Please note the the Russian Government has greatly subsidized the study of international students studying at Russian state universities by upto 80% thereby making it very affordable. (The average cost of an academic year, including accommodation in a student hostel, is2500-4000 USD). Life and health insurance is mandatory for all international students wishing to study in Russia. The cost of the insurance for life and health is within the range of 160 USD to 250 USD for a year and depends on the program of insurance chosen by the student.
- International students who have basic or no knowledge of Russian language would be expected to undergo a compulsory six month pre-university preparatory language program before.
- It is mandatory for applicants for training in areas of Art and Culture to pass additional entrance examinations creative direction directly in the educational organization, which he/she plans to undertake. In this scenerio, the specific duration of the additional entrance examinations creative direction established educational organization in the period from June 1 to August 1. Educational Institutions of Higher Education Ministry of Culture of Russia implement educational programs post-graduate studies.
- For College Admission requirement, applicants should possess a document of complete secondary education for bachelor degree program.
- For Bachelor’s degree or a Specialist’s degree holders applying for Masters degree programme, candidate should have a minimum of Bachelors degree or its equivalent. Master’s degree with the course duration not less than 2 years or a “Specialist’s degree” with the course duration not less than 5 years for Postgraduate and degree of higher medical /dental/pharmaceutical education for postgraduate medical studies (internship, clinical residency).
(2) Note that although Russian Universities conduct studies in Russian language, in some cases teaching in some 20 specialties is also delivered in English and French (general medicine, pharmacy). International applicants requiring training in English or French will be required to have an interview to check their language proficiency on arrival. The results of international language tests (e.g TOEFL, DALF, IELTS, CAE, TCF etc.) The Russian language course is an vital part of the syllabus irrespective of medium of instruction.
Field of Study
The scholarship scope of study borders on candidates with bachelor, masters, postgraduate and postgraduate medical studies (internship, clinical residency).
How to Apply
Applications can only be done online and is strictly so. Please click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply
Deadline of Application
Please note that applications for study on a foundation course will be accepted from
1st March-1st October
Applications for main courses (first and subsequent years) are accepted from
1st March-15th August yearly (for visa-free countries)
March-15th July (for passport holders of countries requiring a visa)