Application Deadline: Please submit your completed application on or before the 27th May 2016
This scholarship is offered annually.
Eligible Countries: Only citizens and residents of all African countries.
Scholarship will be administered at Makerere University, Uganda
Eligible Courses: You are eligible to apply to study in any of the following fields:Agriculture, Veterinary medicine, ICT, Health Sciences, Technology and Engeneering, Law and Human rights and Business and Financial Management at Makerere University.
Scholarship Level: Only undergraduate degree courses
- Applicants must apply for admission to Makerere University main campus only for academic year 2016/17 on private scheme. The applicant should be admitted on direct entry (using UACE results) or its equivalent for international applicants.
- The applicant should hail from an economically disadvantaged background, and a citizen of any country in Africa.
- The applicant is expected to exhibit strong academic excellence in either Sciences or Arts with a minimum of 15 points for boys and 13 points for girls at UACE for Ugandans, and two principal passes in relevant subjects for international applicants. Those who studied sciences have an added advantage.
- The applicant must demonstrate leadership skills, commitment to social betterment and giving back to their communities.
- Please note that the applicant should not have been previously admitted on government or be holders of any other form scholarships.
Applicants must be;
- Academically talented, must value learning and be driven to complete their education.
- Economically disadvantaged and facing significant financial barriers to accessing education.
- Successful scholars are usually committed to giving back to their own communities once they’ve completed their studies.
- Return to their home areas and countries and take a leadership role in promoting social and economic improvement.
- Future leaders committed to embracing ethical leadership to improve the lives of others.
- Commitment to community service through previous and/or past engagements with community outreach activities
- Wanting to study at undergraduate level at Makerere University
- All prospective Scholars must first be admitted to Makerere University to be considered for the Scholarship.
Number of Scholarships: A total of 200 scholarships for 2016/2017 academic year and a total of 1,000 students will be sponsored through 10 year period of the scholars program.
Value of Scholarship: Full scholarships will be awarded.
Duration of Scholarship: for the period of the undergraduate degree
Deadline: 27th May 2016
How to Apply
- Applicants are able to obtain and complete the Scholarship Application Forms at no cost from Makerere University, Senate Building Level 4, Room 401. P.O BoxA 7062, Kampala. Or download the Application Forms from the link below
- The applicant should submit completed scholarship application form to the address in (1) above by Friday 27th May 2016. If submitting by email as an attachment, ensure the scanned copy of the scholarship application form is clearly legible and send to: msgender[at]gender.mak.ac.ug or info[at]mcfsp.mak.ac.ug
Click here to visit the website