Applications are currently invited for international applicants to participate at the Shanghai Summer School 2016 happening in China. Shanghai Summer School (BRICS Program) is a renowed short-term educational program abroad that provide undergraduates, postgraduates and junior researchers from BRICS countries the unique opportunity to live and study in Shanghai, China, for a month from July 6 to August 3, 2016.
Summer Program welcome undergraduates, postgraduates and junior researchers from BRICS countries (Brazil, India, Russia and South Africa) both study in BRICS countries and abroad.
A sum total 50 people will be enrolled,20 of which will enjoy various forms of scholarships and 30 will be self-financed (non-scholarship). The scholarship covers tuition fee, registration fee, insurance and accommodation.
All applicants for either scholarship or non-scholarship are required to send his/her materials of application to the Center for BRICS Studies at Fudan University (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). The application materials you should send are listed below:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- A transcript of the program he/she is enrolled in; a junior researcher could send us his/her report of degree given by his/her university;
- A statement of purpose;
- A completed application form (a blank form and its demonstration are attached in this letter);
- At least one letter of recommendation given by a professor or an associate professor. (Scholarship applicants are required to send this. However, it is optional for non-scholarship applicants.)
Tuition and other expesnses:
- Non scholarship candidates will be required to pay a tuition fee of (8000RMB), registration fee of (400RMB), insurance of (160RMB), accommodation criteria listed in the following table. Self-financing events on the schedule are not included in tuition fee.
- Accommodation: Both scholarship students and self-financing students can choose their accommodation from three types of rooms, but the allocation of rooms depends on the available rooms provided by international students’ accommodation office. The accommodation fee will be charged by the international students’ accommodation office.
Location: Shanghai, China.
Deadline: 15th April
For more info, click here