When: July 12 – August 1, 2016.
The Amazon Summer School is a partially / fully funded intensive immersion program where selected participants will learn from experienced practitioners, the local community, the forest and each other in order to inspire positive action. Through a collective learning process, the group will build their experience together based on shared purpose, work and values and present a project to solve a real challenge. A number of partial and full scholarships will be awarded to participants with a track record of engagement in sustainability issues only when they are applying for financial aid.
The program is sustainability focused and aimed at multi-talented participants who share a passion for sustainability and engagement and want to become part of a global community of thinkers and practitioners in this field.
It will take place in Tumbria community, which is located in the Rio Negro Protected Area of the Brazilian State of Amazonas.
You are eligible if you are between the ages of 18 and 30 years old and are interested in learning about community building, sustainable development and amazon nature. Applicants can come from any part of the world
- Successful applicants will learn from some of the best sustainability development specialist and leaders.
- They will network with people from all over the world exchanging knowledge. Be in the heart of the amazon together with local community.
- Learn different innovation and tools to design collaborative projects.
How to apply:
You will have to fill up the application form on the website:
- 1st STEP: Application
- 2nd STEP: There will be a Skype interview
- 3rd STEP: Application Review
- 4th STEP: Announcement of selected
Applications go until March 1st. Early bird Fee (10% discount) – until February 1st 2016.
For more information, contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Official Page for more information on how to apply