The Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS) is a fully funded scholarship initiative by the Malaysian Government to train the best brain from around the world to pursue dedicated masters programs in Malaysia. This scholarship scheme hopes to consolidate Malaysian Government’s plan to attract, motivate and retain talented human talent from around the world.
- Applicants should not be more than 40 years (Postgraduate) and 45 years (Post-doctoral) of age during application.
- Applicants who have obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Masters Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Masters degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study. In addition, for post-doctoral programme, the selection will be evaluated based on the number of books produced, refereed/non refereed journals, portfolio and patent copyright. The Post-Doctoral candidate must have excellent reputation in research and possesses knowledge related to the research to be carried out.
- Candidates should have taken one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the time of application. The list of tests and minimum scores required are as follows:
- 1. IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5; or
- 2. TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580 or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
- Applicants must be in excellent health condition, certified by a Certified Doctor/Medical Professional and able to partake in academic programs. The cost of medical examination is to be borne by the applicants.
- Applicants are expected to write a proposal that is relevant to the field of studies.
- Has applied for and gained admission to postgraduate and post-doctoral studies in Malaysia (conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application or has a confirmation of acceptance or affiliation with the Universities in Malaysia).
Deadline:Submit all completed application by April 30, 2016
- Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia
- An approved tuition fees
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Annual grant for books and internal travel
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Installation and Termination grant
- Thesis allowance
- The eligible fields of study are as follows:
- Science and Engineering
- Agriculture and Fisheries
- Economics and Islamic Finance
- Information and Communication Technology
- Biosecurity and Food Safety
- Infrastructure and Utility
- Environmental Studies
- Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy.
- * Applicants may choose any related course within the field/areas mentioned above
Please submit your application with the following documents:
- Confirmation of Completion Study
- Application for Family Allowance
- Refund Application Form
- Application for Thesis Allowance
- Endorsement Form
- Medical Report
- Recommendation Letter
For more information, click here: