The Hansen Summer Institute on Leadership and International Cooperation is offering a fully funded international program made possible by a generous grant from the Fred J. Hansen Foundation. The Institute will provide a unique and world class University-styled leadership experience and program in international cooperation. For three weeks, both young American men and women and international students from developing countries and regions of social strife will participate in this program.
Program parts include the following: classroom instruction and hands-on training in the latest techniques of conflict resolution, mediation, and inter-cultural management. Classroom training will complement local excursions to San Diego historical attractions and cultural events including a fourth of July parade, a Padres baseball game, and a harbor cruise. Hansen Summer Institute training aims to provide participants a “leadership toolbox” for resolving conflict and building a better future for their respective countries.
The Hansen Summer Institute program is fully funded by the Fred J. Hansen Foundation and covers the following :
- Entire costs associated with running the program
- A Round trip international air travel from the participant’s home town to San Diego, California.
- DS-2019 – Student and Exchange Visitor (SEVIS) fee
- Health insurance for the duration of the program.
Non US students:
- Upper division undergraduate with 2 years of college/university or graduate student with a professional interest in international relations, diplomacy, international economic development or related fields.
- Students must be between the ages of 20- 25 on July 1, 2016.
- Must have demonstrated leadership potential outside of the classroom in the community, nation or region.
- Have an academic adviser verify in writing the candidates English proficiency.
- Have a valid international passport with US visa if necessary by the time the program begins.
- Preference may be given to students who have never been to the United States before but all qualified students are encouraged to apply.
Upper division undergraduate with 2 years of college/university or graduate student with a professional interest in international relations, diplomacy, international economic development or related fields.
Students must be between the ages of 20- 25 on July 1, 2016.
Visit the application details to know more.