Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Scheme will offer a total of 12 scholarships (over a period of 3 years) to international students from developing countrie of the world to study various Masters programs at the University of Sheffield in the UK.
Eligible Courses: You must have been offered a place for one of the following programs to study at the University of Sheffield in 2016:
- MA Cities and Global Development
- • MA International Development
- • MSc in Environmental Change and International Development
- • MPH in International Development
- • MA in Globalisation and Development
- • MA in Global Justice
- • MA in International Relations
- • MSc in International Social Change and Policy
The University of Sheffield is dedicated to International Development. One of the themes of the University’s global strategy is ‘celebrating, promoting and increasing the volume of the work that hopes to improve the lives of individuals through international relationships, locally and abroad’. Building on this commitment goal the University, in collaboration with the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust and the Sheffield Institute for International Development, is now able to offer a total of 12 scholarships (over 3 years) to international students from several developing countries of the world for a number of courses that are affiliated with the Sheffield Institute for International Development.
Eligible Nationalities: You must be a national of or permanently domiciled, in a developing country
|Scholarship Type: Master’s degree programs|
- Applicants must be classified as international students for tuition fee purposes.
- Applicants must be deemed self-funded to receive this scholarship, i.e. not funded by a research council, government, private enterprise, charity or any similar organisation.
- This scholarship would not be awarded in conjunction with any other funding awards, either from the University of Sheffield or external sources.
- You must be a full time student inorder to be eligible for this scholarship..
- You should be ready and prepared to begin studies at the University of Sheffield in 2016. This scholarship cannot be deferred to a latter date.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully meeting any condition(s) attached to your offer before the deadline provided by the Admissions Service.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully receiving a visa to study at the University in September 2016.
Number of Scholarships: Four scholarships will be available this year and a further eight in the next 3 years
Value of Scholarship: There are four scholarships available to academically brilliant applicants from developing countries of the world. Each scholarship will offer the following:
- A full tuition fee waiver
- Maintenance for University accommodation and a monthly stipend
Duration of Scholarship: for the period of study
Deadline: by Friday 29th April 2016
How to Apply
You will be eligible to apply for this scholarship, you will be required to receive an offer to study one of the eligible programs and you are a national of, or permanently domiciled in, one of the eligible developing countries or territories.
Your course application will be assessed by a panel of academic judges to decide whether you will progress to the final stage of the application process.