The Brunei Darussalam Government is currently inviting scholarship applications from international students to study undergraduate and postgraduate programs on full scholarships at the University of Brunei Darussalam [UBD], Islam Sultan Sharif Ali University [UNISSA] and Brunei Institute of Technology [ITB] in Brunei. These full scholarships will be awarded to the international students of ASEAN, OIC, Commonwealth Member Countries and others. These are awarded for pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate degree program in various academic fields. Scholarship award is normally tenable for the duration of the programme.
Deadline: January 9th 2016
- Applicants must hail from ASEAN, OIC, and Commonwealth Member Countries although individuals from other regions are equally eligible to apply.
- Interested applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 25 for undergraduate programmes and not exceed 35 years for postgraduate programmes starting on the 31 July 2016.
- Please note that this scholarship isn’t going to be awarded to Brunei Permanent Residents and foreigners residing in Brunei Darussalam.
Successful scholars will exempted from paying tuition fees and other related fees as determined by the university for the duration of the programme.
Also included in the scholarship is one return economy class air-ticket for the most economically viable route to Brunei Darussalam will be determined by the Brunei Darussalam Government. No additional assistance will be provided towards other travel expenses. Allowances payable will include:
- Monthly personal allowance of BND500.00
- Annual Book Allowance BND600.00
- Monthly food allowance of BND150.00
- Upon completion of the program, Baggage allowance to a maximum institution of BND250.00 to ASEAN region and BND500.00 to non ASEAN region.
- An accommodation at respective institution residential college is provided. If the scholar opts not to live in the provided accommodation, no additional allowance will be given in the lieu of board and transport.
- Outpatient medical and/or dental treatment is at any Brunei government hospitals, However an administrative charge is payable for each consultation with the government general practitioner or specialist.
- Should the scholar seek further medical or dental treatments at any private hospital or clinic, all expenses are to be borne by scholars themselves.
Application Process: Applications should be submitted by post.
Visit Official Page for more info on how to apply