Postdoctoral and senior fellows are now being invited to apply for the Rachael Carson Center for Environment and Society writing fellowships. Beginning from September 2015, and running till December 2016, successful applicants shall spend their fellowship in residence working at a unique project, attend various academic seminars after which they will present their research work to the academic community of the Center. Each fellowship shall last between 3, 6, 9 or 12 months and shall cover fields of Environment and society. The fellowship is opened to all students across the globe.
Brief description of Scholarship
Research work at RCC are centered at providing a clear relationship between environmental and social changes and also providing the factors responsible for this transformation.
Three different categories of scholarships are offered at RCC, and they are;
Carson Fellowships, Carson Interdisciplinary Fellowship, and Carson Outreach Fellowships.
Fields of study
All research and writing shall be based on Rachael Carson Center (RCC) Environment and Society transformation agenda.
Level of study
Rachael Carson Center for Environment and Society in collaboration with the Federal Ministry for Education and Research
Length of Scholarship
Depending on individual research work, the scholarship shall run between 3, 6, 9 and 12 months.
- The fellowship is opened those whose works are based on the transformation of the environment and society. Filmmaker and writers are the special target group
- For scholars from the field of humanities, their application should be made collaboratively with scholars from the Sciences for a common project
- All scholars should be willing to spend their residence in Munich but scholars from humanities who are collaborating with someone else from Munich can apply for interdisciplinary scholarships
Criteria for Selection
- Strength of each fellow’s application
- Nationality, Gender equality, diversity of discipline, coherence of group shall to some extent be taken account of in selecting the final awardees.
Method of application
In a single pdf file, applicants should submit the following documents to applications-at-rcc.lmu.de
- A resume (maximum of 3 pages)
- Cover letter
- Project description (1,000 word count)
- Details of three scholars that shall stand as referees
- Research schedule for the fellowship
Notification of successful applicant
Successful applicants shall be notified by mid May 2015
31st January 2015
For more enquiries and to download scholarship application guideline, please visit the link below